Reliable Traits of an Authorized Background Check CompanyPosted on: October 29, 2021 by Gavin Muirhead
You know it’s important to run background checks on potential employees, but with all the options out there for background screening services, it can be hard to tell which ones are going to work the best for you and your company’s specific needs. While we can’t answer that question definitively, as it will depend on your personal and professional preferences and needs, we can give you an idea of some things you should be looking for no matter what background check company you’re thinking about going with.
Below are some of the top traits you should look for that will let you know when a background check company is legitimate.
A Good Background Check Company WIll Have These Qualities
Since background checks require digging into sometimes very personal information, it’s important that background check companies follow specific rules to keep both the employers and potential employees safe and to make sure that all the information gathered is accurate. That’s why these traits are so important to watch out for:
- Compliance with federal, state, and local laws: A reputable background screening company will follow the rules and regulations laid out in the Fair Credit Reporting Act. Failure to do so can result in legal action and will not only hurt the company, but also you, as the client using that service. Security of information is very important, so using a service that doesn’t follow the rules to a tee is only going to hurt you and them.
- Good customer service and the ease of the experience: It’s important to remember that both the employer and the potential employee should have a good experience with a background check. A reputable background check company will allow you to ask questions when you need to, and will be there with you to help you through the screening process.
- Price: One of the biggest reasons why some employers choose to forgo background checks is price, which is unfortunate because of how important they are to ensuring you’re hiring the right person. When it comes to the price of a background check, it’s a good idea to compare and contrast different services and take a good look at how thorough they are with the information they gather. In some cases, a lower cost service may actually do a better job than a pricier one. Weigh the pros and cons of each company and make an informed decision based on that.
- Accuracy and Thoroughness: A background check isn’t very useful if it isn’t complete. Read reviews of various background checking services to help you determine how good of a job each company does at providing a complete and accurate record of the person they are background checking. Of course, everybody makes mistakes sometimes, but if you notice that one particular company has a habit of getting things wrong consistently, it’s probably a good indication that you shouldn’t use their services.
- Turnaround Times: Depending on your needs as an employer, the hiring process could take a very long time, or it could be quick and easy. You need to make sure that the background check company you choose has turnaround times that work with the timelines you’ve laid out for yourself. However, don’t mistake quickness for efficiency. Find a background check company that is able to meet your desired timeline while also providing a complete and detailed report, without cutting corners.
Find a Good Background Check with Affordable Background Checks
At Affordable Background Checks, we believe that background checks are an essential part of the hiring process, and they should not be left out because someone doesn’t have enough money to spend on them. We pride ourselves on providing a comprehensive background check for our clients at a price that won’t break the bank.
If you would like to learn more about us and our background screening services, feel free to check out our website or contact us to begin the background checking process now. We provide you with a comprehensive check that includes records like marriage information, criminal records, bankruptcy, legal judgments, contact information, education, and other personal details that you might need to know during the hiring process. Call us today to learn more!